You’re talented, clever and disciplined. We’re entrepreneurial, dedicated and amplified by ideas. Could this be love?
Location: Washington, DC 20007
Type: Unpaid Internship
Job Title: Intern
Career Level: Student
About the Internship Program:
Interns will have the opportunity to learn about various components of the Halcyon program portfolio: nonprofit management, event planning and management, and the Halcyon Incubator.
Nonprofit management: Intern will learn how a nonprofit organization operates and gain insight into stewarding historical properties. He/she will be exposed to programming, writing aimed towards foundations and grants, sponsorship, and general management.
Event planning and management: Halcyon will hold events throughout the year, allowing the intern to gain first-hand experience with the planning process for events of varying sizes and purposes.
Halcyon Incubator: The Halcyon Incubator program provides a hub for creativity that supports fearless social entrepreneurs, allowing forward-thinkers to address 21st-century challenges and achieve meaningful results. The intern will become familiar with the workings of a start-up incubator and the field of social entrepreneurship.
In addition to the important work that interns will complete, they will have the opportunity to attend various events hosted by Halcyon at Halcyon House and various other locations.
- Undergraduate or graduate student with a concentration in music, business, marketing, history, or communications
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer knowledge, including Word, Internet, email, and Excel – special attention to social media is a plus
- Desire to participate in project planning and execution
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good sense of humor
- Ability to commit a minimum of 16 hours per week
If this position seems like a fit, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and we will respond promptly.