Open Position: Office Coordinator
Job Title: Office Coordinator
Reports To: Controller
Halcyon accelerates the impact-driven future of business. Our signature programs are fellowships for early-stage social entrepreneurs designed to equip them with the tools and relationships they need to achieve scalable, lasting impact in their fields. More broadly, we seek to mold the business world to be a more inclusive, impact-oriented place. Since its founding as a 501©3 nonprofit organization in 2017, Halcyon has worked closely with entrepreneurs to understand their ecosystems, identify their needs, and explore new programs and partnerships to meet those needs.
The Office Coordinator supports the Controller by assisting with accounting needs as well as maintains office inventory, filing (both electronically and hard copies), assist with the annual audit, etc. The position serves a key coordination role, working with Halcyon team members.
- Meet and support visitors when they arrive at the office.
- Manage files and records with the help of filing systems, both hard copies and electronic.
- Undertake basic bookkeeping activities and update the accounting system
- Manage office supplies inventory and place orders.
- Collect and distribute the mail.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- 2+ years’ experience of working as an office coordinator and accountant or other relevant position.
- Significant experience with basic bookkeeping principles and office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office٫ back-office and accounting software such as QuickBooksEnterprise, Bill.com, Excel, and be willing to learn other software as needed.
- Understands non-profit accounting including regulations governing 501c3 non-profit status.
- Familiarly with CRM’s and pulling reports for accounting.
- Experience with bookkeeping, credit card, and merchant accounts reconciliation
- Communicate verbally and written proficiently and without grammar or spelling errors.
- Have experience in financial reporting for grants is preferred.
- Good practical experience with office equipment
- Experience in customer service
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with good patience and professionalism
- Organized and reliable with prioritizing and multi-tasking abilities
- Associate’s or College degree; BSc or BA in business administration or other relevant area will be a bonus
Salary and Benefits:
- Annual Salary: $60K-$65K
- Three weeks vacation and federal holidays
- Work from home up to two days per week
- Insurance: Health, vision, dental, life, short–term and long-term disability insurance.
- 401K and employer match
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org