December 6, 2022 | 10:00-11:00am EST
Startups that are grounded within networks of high social capital and utilize those networks have higher rates of success. Social capital is the extent to which individuals have deep and meaningful interactions with others via membership in diverse social networks that contribute to one’s ability to thrive.
1) Social participation in networks
2) Levels of trust within those network
3) Resources and benefits that are derived from social participation
For minority women and nonbinary founders, the strength of their social capital is just as important as financial capital to entrepreneurial success.
Join Halcyon in this webinar panel discussion to hear from experienced entrepreneurs & business strategists and learn how to draw from their networks and beyond to build the social capital networks needed to thrive.
• Kevval Hanna, Senior Vice President, Social Impact and Sustainability, Edelman
• Ellington West, CEO & Co-founder, Sonavi Labs
• Tammy Charles, Director of Corporate Relations, Black Innovation Alliance
• Dan Barker, Managing Director, Halcyon (moderator)
This webinar is part of a series that will lead up to the residency for the Future Builders fellowship, which will be held in DC in February 2023.
Halcyon is grateful to Bank of America, the MetLife Foundation, and the Henry Luce Foundation for their support of the Future Builders Program