Open Position: Digital Communications Coordinator
Job Title: Digital Communications Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Communications
Halcyon accelerates the impact-driven future of business. We believe there’s a competitive advantage to having a social mission in your DNA, and that impact-driven businesses represent a powerful opportunity to drive equity and inclusivity in the workplace and society. We are the community supporting impact-driven businesses and their founders through space, community, and access. Our programs offer fellowships for social entrepreneurs and funding vehicles to help them scale their ventures. This position will sit in the Development and Communications Department and play a role in supporting both Halcyon’s digital communications channels as well as the development department’s fundraising efforts.
The Digital Communications Coordinator will support Halcyon’s digital communications, including the management of all Halcyon’s social media channels and social media advertisement, email communications, and website. She/he will develop a strategy to underpin all of the above, tied to key performance indicators focused not only on increasing the size of Halcyon’s audience, but doing so while also increasing the levels of engagement. She/he will execute social media series designed to promote fellow storytelling, thought leadership, and position Halcyon as a leading source of inspiring, and post informative content about the impact-driven businesses of past fellows. She/he will manage the development of digital plans and assets to support all Halcyon’s programming and development needs, including fundraising campaigns, application and recruitment cycles, fellowship programming, and funding vehicle programming. She/He will ensure Halcyon’s brand guidelines are met in all digital content, whether owned by Halcyon or posted elsewhere, and champion key messages to build a supportive, enthusiastic community around Halcyon’s mission and the broader social enterprise ecosystem.
Halcyon is a hybrid workplace. This position will require you to be in-person three days a week and you may work from home two days a week. Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Manage and support strategy, content development, and community management for all Halcyon’s social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Vimeo. Work with outside vendors and agency partners as needed for the creation of digital content.
- Lead Halcyon’s visual brand by designing graphics for social media, the website, mass email construction, one-pager information documents, and more by utilizing tools such as Canva and the Adobe Suite.
- Determine as needed Halcyon’s investment in other digital platforms, such as Threads, and lead Halcyon’s entry into such platforms in a way that keeps us in touch with our target audiences.
- Work hand-in-hand with program teams to develop content that supports recruitment needs and storytelling for Halcyon’s fellowship programs and funding vehicles.
- Manage the digital side of Halcyon’s thought leadership efforts, including identifying opportunities to leverage social media platforms to position Halcyon broader, or its leadership, as experts in the area of impact-driven business.
- Manage Halcyon’s website, including day-to-day edits and approval of team member edits, as well as bigger page rebuilds and the creation of future content, as well as working with an outside vendor to produce additional WordPress modules as needed to meet website needs.
- Manage strategy and execution for Halcyon’s email communication, including creating and enforcing SOPs for email content creation, building emails, developing email lists and aligning them with email content, and sending emails ranging from event invitations, to special bulletins, to fundraising emails.
- Develop and execute a strategy for Halcyon’s digital advertising, including social media boosting, social media audience growth campaigns, and other tools.
- Provide timely and full follow-up on communications projects.
- Assist in diverse Halcyon activities, including staffing program events, recognizing that teamwork depends on occasionally stepping outside one’s direct responsibilities to support the team’s broader goals.
- Evening and weekend work may be expected.
Minimum Education/Experience Required
Minimum two years of communications experience with a focus on digital communications.
Skills and Abilities
- Passion for the idea of innovative solutions to 21st century problems – enthusiasm around impact-driven business.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Three weeks vacation and federal holidays
- Work from home up to two days per week
- Insurance: Health, vision, dental, life, short–term and long-term disability insurance.
- 401K and employer match
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com