Open Position: Finance and Bookkeeping Manager
Job Title: Finance and Bookkeeping Manager
Reports To: Controller
Halcyon accelerates the impact-driven future of business. Our signature programs are fellowships for early-stage social entrepreneurs designed to equip them with the tools and relationships they need to achieve scalable, lasting impact in their fields. More broadly, we seek to mold the business world to be a more inclusive, impact-oriented place. Since its founding as a 501c3 nonprofit organization in 2017, Halcyon has worked closely with entrepreneurs to understand their ecosystems, identify their needs, and explore new programs and partnerships to meet those needs.
The Finance and Bookkeeping Manager supports the Controller by assisting with accounting needs and preparing the monthly financial reports, grant reports, assisting with the annual audit, etc. The position works closely with Halcyon team members.
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Post journal entries
- Maintain accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and yearly closings
- Prepare financial statements
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- 3+ years’ experience of working as an accountant or other relevant position.
- Significant experience with bookkeeping principles and office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, back-office and accounting software such as QuickBooks Enterprise, Bill.com, Excel, and be willing to learn other software as needed.
- Understands non-profit accounting including regulations governing 501c3 non- profit status.
- Familiarly with CRM’s and pulling reports for accounting.
- Experience with credit card and merchant accounts reconciliation.
- Communicate verbally and written proficiently and without grammar or spelling errors.
- Experience with federal grant compliance is a plus.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with good patience and professionalism.
- Organized and reliable with prioritizing and multi-tasking abilities.
- Associate’s or College degree; BSc or BA in business administration or other relevant area will be a bonus.
Salary and Benefits
- Annual Salary: $70K – $75K
- Three weeks of vacation and federal holidays
- Work from home up to two days per week
- Insurance: Health, vision, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Simple IRA and employer match
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org