Open Position: Program Coordinator, Fellow Community & Recruitment
Job Title: Program Coordinator, Fellow Community & Recruitment
Reports To: Senior Manager, Fellow Community & Recruitment
Halcyon accelerates the impact-driven future of business. Our signature programs are fellowships for early-stage social entrepreneurs designed to equip them with the tools and relationships they need to achieve scalable, lasting impact in their fields. More broadly, we seek to mold the business world to be a more inclusive, impact-oriented place. Since its founding as a 501©3 nonprofit organization in 2017, Halcyon has worked closely with entrepreneurs to understand their ecosystems, identify their needs, and explore new programs and partnerships to meet those needs.
The Program Coordinator supports the design and implementation of projects spanning Halcyon’s venture sourcing and selections processes and Halcyon’s alumni entrepreneur community. The position serves a key coordination role working with stakeholders across Halcyon and the global social impact and entrepreneurship community. The Program Coordinator works closely with the Fellow Community & Recruitment Team on the design, execution, and evaluation of initiatives within their portfolio.
- Support the design, planning, and execution of projects and programming for Halcyon’s alumni community that aligns with Halcyon’s alumni community methodology
- Support the creation of guidelines to standardize alumni initiatives with an eye to scale
- Manage logistics of both in-person and online programming, resources, and alumni network
- Monitor and report on the alumni engagement and feedback related to alumni programming and resources
- Optimize communications tools and strategies to increase engagement with upcoming events, resources, and funding opportunities for alumni
- Support the Senior Manager and Manager in optimizing the process and tools for scale in creating connections between alumni and between alumni and other Halcyon community members.
- Prepare and maintain reports that are necessary to carry out departmental functions including compiling data, and making recommendations for program/ project improvements
- Support the management and convenings of the Halcyon Alumni Steering Committee
Venture Recruitment & Selections:
- Support the implementation of Halcyon’s recruitment strategy to connect Halcyon’s fellowship opportunities with world’s most talented social entrepreneurs in Health, Climate, and EquityTech
- Engage the Halcyon community to increase recruitment effectiveness
- Participate in the application review and selection process
- Attend startup community events to support Halcyon’s engagement in the startup ecosystem
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- One year of program and/or project experience with an incubator, startup, or entrepreneurial program and/or community building experience — relevant internships, volunteer work, and coursework/campus activities may count toward this requirement.
- Enthusiasm and familiarity with entrepreneurship and early-stage startups
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds to engender trust
- Attention to detail with reliable organizational skills to prevent details from slipping through the cracks
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others and independently to achieve common objectives
- Time management to prioritize work projects and meet multiple deadlines
- Curiosity, ability to ask good questions and deeply listen
- Community building, convening, and connecting experience preferred
- Experience leveraging technology to solve business problems and meet goals preferred
- Able to work the occasional evenings or weekend as required by program responsibilities
Salary and Benefits
- Annual Salary: $60K
- Three weeks of vacation and federal holidays
- Work from home up to two days per week, remaining days work is onsite in Washington, DC
- Insurance: health, vision, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Simple IRA and employer match
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com