Take your impact-driven business to the next level.
Halcyon Climate Resilience in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Intensive Fellowship
Halcyon’s newest fellowship is designed for entrepreneurs that seek to build climate resilience across the Latin America and the Caribbean to combat the compounding effects of climate change on poverty, food insecurity, health disparities, and displacement – issues predominantly faced by vulnerable populations. Below are some examples:
Thanks to our partners at Amazon Web Services,S&R Evermay and HR Sage, fellows will receive a host of workshops, access to advisors and mentors, and more! The programming will be delivered in a hybrid modality, with three virtual meetings, a one week in-person residency at Halcyon in August and a one week in-person residency in Mexico City in October.
- A $5,000 USD per venture equity-free stipend to use toward travel expenses to attend the residencies
- One week long residency at Halcyon’s facilities in Georgetown, Washington, DC
- One week long residency in Mexico City with a culminating event featuring pitches from each venture and connections to investors, advisors, and media
- Free workshops focused on investment readiness training, preparing ventures for scale with a focus on customer discovery and ethical product
- Supporting founder leadership development
- Honing storytelling and pitching
- Access to pro bono legal support
- $25,000 USD in Amazon Cloud credits
- Join a community of over 300 impact driven entrepreneurs
To be eligible for this fellowship, you:
- Must live in and/or have your venture based in Latin America or the Caribbean
- Applicant must be the CEO and/or hold primary decision-making power in the growth and strategic vision for the venture’s development and management
- Must be able to make a full-time commitment to work on the venture during the residency phases (**July 31- August 4, 2023 in DC and **October 16-20 in Mexico City)
- Must be able to attend monthly virtual meetings and residency programming in-person in Washington, DC and Mexico City
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program
- May apply on your own or with up to one Co-Founder who meets the above eligibility requirements.
- Must be willing to contribute to the growth and development of Halcyon’s fellow community
To be eligible for this fellowship, your venture:
- Must be an original idea of the applicant(s)
- Your venture must be focusing on nature-based, health-based, financial tools, or energy solutions to build climate resilience across the region.
- Must be at Minimal Viable Product (MVP) stage
- Must be an independent or autonomous venture that is not under the direction of an existing organization
- Must have plans for a sustainable business model to generate revenue by selling a core product or service
- Must be a for-profit or hybrid venture with the core mission is to create measurable social and/or environmental change
- May not be a 501(c)(3) non-profit venture