Fellows engage with the program in two major stages:
Phase 1: Residency
Residency (14 weeks): Fellows live and work at Halcyon’s headquarters in Washington, DC, with total access to expert guidance. They participate in core programming that includes family breakfast, pitch sessions, skill series, advisor office hours, and more. Hard work and dedication during this phase culminates in a final showcase to a curated audience of partners, mentors, advisors, supporters, and potential investors.
Phase 2: Post-Residency
Post-residency: Fellows continue to have access to free workspace at Halcyon.
Halcyon’s well-honed methodology fosters creativity through an environment of freedom, access, collaboration, and support. It gives prospective impact leaders the physical and mental space to freely take risks and exercise their ingenuity. By removing barriers and supplying resources, Halcyon empowers visionaries regardless of their means or circumstances, disrupting the status quo around who has access to entrepreneurship opportunities.
Health Direct Global
Kitovu Technology Company
Biodesign Innovation Labs
The Halcyon Residential program includes the following:
- Rent-free housing at Halcyon (Washington, D.C.) during the 14 week residency period
- A lifelong community of fellows in social enterprise
- Pro bono leadership coaching
- 1 year pro bono legal support
- Pro bono Deloitte consulting
- Individual mentor
- $10,000 USD equity-free stipend
- Skills training sessions
- Peer learning sessions
- Access to world-class network of advisors
- Opportunities for investment
To be eligible for this fellowship, you:
- May be from anywhere in the world and your venture may be focusing on any business sector, as long as it is an MVP-stage impact-driven venture (i.e. prioritizes social and/or environmental good along with business success)
- Applicant must be the CEO and/or hold primary decision-making power in the growth and strategic vision for the venture’s development and management
- Must be able to make a full-time commitment to work on the venture during the residency phase
- Must be able to postpone any undergraduate or graduate course work during the residency phase
- Must already live or work in the U.S. or be able to obtain a visa for the residency phase
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program
- May apply on your own or with up to one Co-Founder who meets the above eligibility requirements.
- Must be willing to contribute to the growth and development of Halcyon’s fellow community
To be eligible for this fellowship, your venture:
- Must be an original idea of the applicant(s)
- Must be Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage
- Must be an independent or autonomous venture that is not under the direction of an existing organization
- Must have plans for a sustainable business model to generate revenue by selling a core product or service
- Must be a for-profit or hybrid venture with the core mission is to create measurable social and/or environmental change
- May not be a 501(c)(3) non-profit venture
Sound like the program for you?
We play well with others!
Contact us to learn more about licensing our methodology, sponsoring a vertical within the program, and other opportunities to collaborate with the Halcyon Incubator. Email Dan Barker, Managing Director of Halcyon Incubator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.