Solutions leveraging technology to reduce barriers to quality, affordable healthcare and to improve physical and mental healthcare outcomes. Subsectors include but are not limited to:
- Telemedicine, Remote Patient Monitoring, and Digital Therapeutics
- Healthcare Operations
- Health Data Analytics and AI
- Preventative Medicine
- Health Finance
- AgeTech/Longevity Tech
- Cohort of up to 8 ventures founded by entrepreneurs from across the world working in the health space receive training in Halcyon’s methodology on business fundamentals, leadership, investment readiness, and impact.
- Program is delivered primarily in-person:
- 1 Virtual Program Kickoff Meeting
- 8 week in-person residency in Washington, DC
Each program includes specific benefits to fellows. Fellows accepted into this program will receive the following:
- $10,000 USD equity-free living stipend per venture
- $10,000 USD in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing credits
- Additional technical support from Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Access to a world-class network of mentors and advisors
- Bespoke training on:
- Business fundamentals
- Investment readiness
- impact definition and measurement
- World-wide community of impact-driven entrepreneurs
- Workshops with legal experts
- Pro bono consulting support from Deloitte
- Access to one-on-one coaching for each founder with certified leadership coaches
We’re looking for (for-profit) startups that are building scalable solutions that are tackling challenges related to Health.
- Location: Can have operations anywhere in the world
- Stage: Must have a Minimum Viable Product that has the potential to scale
- May apply with up to one co-founder
- Applicant must be the CEO and/or hold primary decision-making power
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program
- Program Engagement: Must be able to participate in all activities and programming sessions
- Impact: Must be developing a product and venture which contributes towards 1 or more of the UN’s 17 SDGs
In addition to eligibility, Halcyon scores each application based on 4 criteria: Impact, Scalability, Innovation, and Talent.
To what extent will the solution, if scaled, have a meaningful impact on society and/or the environment?
Could this venture scale to reach hundreds of thousands or millions of users in a 5-10 year time horizon?
Is the solution a novel approach to tackling the issue in their context?
Is the team uniquely qualified to tackle the challenges they’ve identified?